Tuesday, August 18, 2009

a great day to bake a cake

So yesterday I decided it was time to bake a cake that wasn't from a box, I searched the internet high and low to find a recipe that didn't involve a years supply of butter or buttermilk (I don't even know if you can buy that stuff here).
I finally found a recipe on the good old Martha Stewart website with ingredients I actually had, I managed to successfully bake the cake with help from my mumma (I have a mild fear of the oven).
I then began on the second step of my baking adventure..... fondant!
I had never even seen the stuff in real life but thought I'd give it a shot, I spent a good hour colouring it and giving my hands an epic workout!
Then came the time that I had to put the fondant on the cake, it was a mission but with some more help from mumma I managed to do it!
With the use of some playdough cutters (after being boiled) I had completed the cake and must say it turned out a bagillion times better than I was expecting. It even got the all important taste approval from three year old Charli!

I'm going to declare my cake a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all