Tuesday, September 29, 2009

books

Over the weekend I read the first omnibus of The Vampire Diaries.
I must of liked it cause I managed to read the majority of it in one day, but I felt some parts just happened and weren't really explained. Granted this could just be because I'm not the smartest person around and have the ability to read things without actually noticing what it says!
On a good note I kinda liked Stefan! Ideally I would of liked to go straight onto the second half of the series but it's apparently one of the very few books that people in Dunedin want to read, so I'm 2 of 3 on the holds list at the library!
I'm hoping it's one of those series that clicks together once you've finished it and that I'm not just completely stupid!
Either way I'd still recommend because the down side is probably the latter and my doing!I'm also on the holds list for The Hunger Games!
The only blog I really read is Busy Bee Lauren and she seems to like it so I thought I'd give it a try. I've since seen people raving about it everywhere else so I now have my hopes up about it!
I'm 1 of 5 waiting for it so hopefully I should be getting my hands on it sometime this week, can't wait! Since I learnt from my waiting for the rest of The Vampire Diaries, I tried to be smart and place a hold on Catching Fire, the sequel to Hunger Games, but apparently the Dunedin Library doesn't even have it!
I've asked them to buy it and they've submitted it for 'consideration'.
Maybe by the time I've finished Hunger Games and *crosses fingers* enjoyed it the library would of been smart and bought Catching Fire!
One can only hope.....


So glad I now have reading glasses otherwise my eyes and brain would be hating me soooo much right now, like they were when I read the whole Twilight Saga in just over a day (which was incidently the event that lead to me needing the glasses)

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all