Monday, September 28, 2009

a new lease of life

Currently I'm addicted to all things antique and vintage, thankfully my family has a lot of these and love me enough to give me them!
My lovely mother allowed me use of this cameo and it's now at home at the base of my bedside lamp, it's the first cameo I've seen that's not that horrid orange!Mum also gave me my Grandmas initialed napkin ring, it was slightly black when I discovered but I took it over to Grandads and he made all shiny and pretty for me *happy claps*Grandad gave me the coolest tea pot ever in the history of everything!
It's musical and the two people dance around, so cute!The leather suitcase was my Great Grandfathers (I think), all the equivalent suitcases in antiques stores here are like a bagillion dollars and this one was just sitting in the basement!
Score much?!?!
I have no clue of the origins of the metal hat box but I was looking for one and my uncle had it, it's slightly beat up but looks uber cool and still has it's original key!
The mini suitcase is another acquisition from Grandad and fairly adorable!
I'm about 99% sure the spinning top was my dads from like 96 thousand years ago and the first aid tin was from Grandad, it's full of beads from random pieces of my Grandmas jewellery!This is one of my very few antique store buys, it was only $10!
I'm in love with the antique store in Queens Garden but most of the stuff is either massive and/or 10 years worth of money so was as pleased as a pleased thing when I found this! Grandad also gave me this pocket watch which was his sisters (maybe, or not), it's some high caret amount of gold with a really, really long chain!
I plan on wearing it in summer with dresses!
Shall look super cute!Also from Grandad and originally owned by who knows (think he told me but I don't listen/remember that well) is this lovely necklace
I heart anything with pearls! Yet another from Grandad, although I don't wear broaches I couldn't resist when he offered it to me!
I have a bracelet (also acquired from him) that matches it perfectly!
I'm sure I'll find a way to wear a broach someday!And now my favourite piece of jewellery from Grandad!
He gave these pearls to my Grandma on their wedding day and it still has the accompanying note with them, awwwwww!
Too cute!

I should probably stop taking all my Grandads belongings that I like but they're so pretty...... and I've taken all the pretty things my parents have!
Now I just need to hope Dunedin gets some better antique stores, all things antique and vintage are sooooo much prettier and quirky than what they sell now days!

I was so meant to live in the 50's (minus the whole technology thing)

3 comments:

  1. Them's some fancy niknacs you've got yourself there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you have sooooooo much stuff, you are lucky your family loves you sooooooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I am swooning over that Cameo and the Pocket Watch! You scored!

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all