Sunday, November 22, 2009

the struggle

My hair has been a never ending work in progress.
When I was little the struggle was having it knot free, it was a mass of ringlets which took mum hours to de-tangle.

(With my Grandad)

Then when I started high school it was the never ending fly-aways from the curls I unsuccessfully at times tried to control.

(and yes that is my natural hair colour)

At 16 I began with the dying, I decided I want my hair the colour of Kate Walsh (aka Addison from Private Practice).

It took a year and the cutting of a hairdresser to achieve this but I finally did, YAY!

(Argh 16 is a bad age)
Too bad by the time it got to that colour I had decided I want to go blond, little did I know the blond process would take even longer (especially since it started with red hair).
Finally my hair is long, blond and under control but I still aspire for it to be just a little bit more blond- like Holly Madison below. (Yes I like Holly Madison, so sue me!)
Thankfully I'm not that far from this and I think I've found my perfect hair colour!

2 comments:

  1. Funny how I cannot remember the colour of old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh Ringlets

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all