Monday, December 14, 2009

christmas creations

Since replacing my old notice board with my new magnetic chalk board the wall below was looking a bit sparse this great tutorial for paper sunburst mirrors from Full House seemed like it would fit the bill perfectly. It was ridiculously easy (I managed to do it without any assistance whatsoever, saying much?!?) and super cheap!
I got a vintage dictionary for 50c (US36c) from the reuse shop at my city's landfill and a blind spot mirror for $1.49(US$1.08) from a car stuff type shop, just gutted that they only had one mirror left so I could only make one sunburst =( it turned out WAY better than I was expecting!

Then yesterday I was no longer feeling like total yuckness on a bad day and in the mood to bake!
Being the joyful Christmas season it was only fitting that I made something slightly Christmas related. So decorated surprise cookies it was!
BoldI'll be honest, they're not the most delicious cookies but they sure look festive so they will have to do for now.
But they are just the beginning, the ultimate in Christmas baking will be created next week!

3 comments:

  1. That's a pretty awesome looking mirror!

    And even though you say those cookies don't taste good, they sure look it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But honestly I'm real impressed with that mirror

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mirror is good so are the cookies.......looking forward to you doing Xmas baking

    ReplyDelete

if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all